Important Information regarding p-chart and c-chart in quality control.
We use p-chart when the sample size is more than 1, such as the Western Jeans example which has 100 jeans in each sample. The number of defective jeans constitutes the proportion defective. For c-chart, the sample size is always 1, such as one hotel room in Ritz Carlton Hotel example. Here, we find the number of defectives in each hotel room.
Hint for the Grass Unlimited Case:
1) Lisa Anderson checks one lawn in each sample to find the number of defectives.
2) Altogether, Lisa checks (20 * 3 days) = 60 samples.
1) In three sentences or less, identify and summarize the salient problem/s faced by Grass Unlimited. (3 points)
2) Construct the appropriate quality control chart/s using the date provided in the case. (10 points)
3) Based on your results of controls chart/s from Question (2), clearly explain whether the process in control? (3 points)
4) Clearly explain what suggestions would you give to the Mark Sumansky? (4 points)
<em>No answers yet</em>