Consider the questions below:
- The U.S. does not have a national system of long-term care insurance, so individuals must first rely on their own resources and then Medicaid, if they qualify. In essence, must an individual or family “go broke” before obtaining needed, and publically funded, assistance in a health care emergency?
- Families are often the critical link in support for a patient with long-term needs. What is the effect of that burden on a family?
- At what point does Medicaid become the payer for long-term care services?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of private sector options?
- How has the demand for long-term health care changed, and what is next?
Discuss one or more of the issues associated with those questions in light of your own value system and beliefs. How can the Three E’s be represented when considering elder care? You are free to share personal experiences you may have with this topic.
Just a paragraph or two will do
- Operations Management homework help
<em>No answers yet</em>