Assignment Title: The analysis and implementation of sustainable tourism management
Length: 2000 words
You are required to choose a micro destination (for example, a specific urban, rural, coastal, heritage area or a specific tourism organization) and carry out the following tasks:
1. Examine whether your chosen case study has a sustainable policy (remember, this can take guises, such as a CSR policy, a community policy, an environmental policy, etc)
2. Conduct a case-study analysis of your chosen case study’s activity to ascertain its interpretation and implementation of sustainability.
Use the following criteria to assist you
1. Who is responsible for devising the policy/agenda (include stakerholder involvement in devising the policy also)
2. Examine how effective the policy aligns with the key strands of sustainability (refer to models on sustainable tourism)
3. How is the policy implemented and monitored? Does the policy include any sustainable tourism standards or certification/ labels?
4. Examine whether the case study displays innovative practices in terms of sustainability
5. Discuss the key challenges facing your case study in fulfilling their sustainability policy/agenda
You are required to consider the concepts covered in the module, demonstrate a clear understanding of sustainable tourism management and apply relevant theories and models to your chosen activity. Support points made with applicable theory and innovative, global tourism examples.
- Social Science homework help
<em>No answers yet</em>