Please just write the answers to these questions. Make it around 400 words total. You do NOT have to cite any sources! Please answer questions accurately!
1. Choose one person from the following list whom you feel played an important role in the history of psychology: Freud, Pavlov, Skinner, Maslow, or Piaget. Describe what that person did, the approximate time that this person lived, what makes their contribution important, and criticisms of their work or theoretical position.
2. You are an experimental psychologist interested in finding out how effective a new medication might work for treating depression. Describe a study you might conduct to reach some conclusions on this matter. Be sure to define and provide examples of the following terms and concepts, demonstrating your understanding of each: hypothesis in dependent variable, dependent variable, random assignment of participants, ethical guidelines.
3. When your best friend hears that you are taking a psychology course, she asserts that psychology is simply common sense. Explain why your awareness of both the limits of everyday reasoning and the methods of psychological research would lead you to disagree with your friend’s assertion.
4. Imagine that you were involved in a legal case in which an eyewitness claimed the he has seen a person commit a crime. Based on your knowledge about memory and cognition, discuss some of the problems of eye witness accounts.
5. David's history teacher asked him why so many German people complied with Hitler's orders to systematically slaughter millions of innocent Jews. David suggested that the atrocities were committed because the Germans had become unusually cruel, Sadistic people with abnormal and twisted personalities. Use your knowledge of the fundamental attribution error and Milgram's research on obedience to highlight the weaknesses of David's explanation.
6. Choose a behavior that you would like to modify or change using the principles of operant conditioning. Be sure to use and explain the following terms: operant conditioning, positive reinforcement, and negative reinforcement, and punishment, schedules of reinforcement, shaping and extinction.
- Psychology homework help
<em>No answers yet</em>